These courgettes make for a nice side with a difference. They will go well with most main courses and are a nice change from potatoes or boiled veggies. Didn’t manage to grab a photo of them, but they were really tasty so I wanted to post them anyway.
Courgettes with crips cheese crumbs
Serves 4 | Prep 10 mins | Cook 30 mins | Easy | Vegetarian
- 6 courgettes, trimmed and cut into chunky batons;
- pinch dried chilli flakes;
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves;
- 2 tbsp olive oil;
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed;
- 85g dried or stale breadcrumbs;
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan (or a vegetarian alternative);
- 4 tbsp ready-made tomato pasta sauce or passata.
Heat oven to 200C/ 180C fan / gas 6. Place the courgettes in a baking dish or roasting tin and toss with the chilli, thyme, 1 tbsp olive oil and seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, put the remaining oil in a bowl. Stir in the garlic, breadcrumbs, Parmesan and a little seasoning.
Stir the tomato sauce through the soft courgettes, then sprinkle with the crumbs and bake for a further 10-15 mins until crisp.