This is a really quick, delicious and filling recipe which is perfect for a quick dinner. It will also do you well for lunch too. There are lots of Asian supermarkets in Glasgow now, which is really fantastic and has given me access to a wide variety of really good Asian ingredients to try at home. Last week I tried OAKA Supercity, close to George Square, where I got a set of delicious pork dumplings to cook in this soup. There are many other fantastic Asian supermarkets, and I strongly recommend that you make good use of them. This is my own recipe, so hope you enjoy it!
Miso soup with dumplings
Serves 2 | Takes 10 minutes | Easy
- 10 frozen dumplings (I used pork, but you can also use prawn or vegetarian) – you can find them in the frozen aisles of most Asian supermarkets;
- 50g Miso soup paste – available in Asian and large supermarkets;
- 100g Mange Tout, shredded;
- 1/2 Chinese Leaf, shredded;
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced (optional);
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional).
Bring 700ml water to the boil in a pan. Add the soup paste and stir until dissolved. Add the dumplings to the pan and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the shredded Mange Tout & Chinese Leaf and simmer for another 3 minutes, or until the dumplings have cooked through and are soft all the way through.
To serve, split between to bowls, sprinkled with the spring onions and the red chilli.