There is nothing better than a warming soup on a cold day. This soup requires only a few ingredients and it’s a lovely winter warmer. Not to mention how quick and easy it is to make! Takes about 30 minutes to make and it’s perfect to take for an office lunch as well as eating at home. Serve with croutons and some crème fraîche for added deliciousness.
Simple chicken & veg soup
Serves 4 | Prep 10 minutes | Cooks 20-30 minutes | Easy | Gluten Free
- 250g chicken breast, cut into chunks;
- olive oil;
- 1 onion, chopped;
- 400g courgettes, chopped;
- 400g carrots, chopped;
- 1l – 1.5l chicken stock (if making GF, make sure you use GF stock);
- 2-3 whole peppercorns;
- chopped parsley and spring onions to serve.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Brown the chicken slightly for a few minutes. Spoon the chicken out of the pan. Add a little more olive oil and cook the onion until softened and slightly browned. Add the courgettes and carrots to the pan and cook with the onion for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken, the chicken stalk and enough water to fill the pan. Add the whole peppercorns and salt to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes. When ready, put the soup in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with croutons, some crème fraîche, chopped spring onions and parsley.